* Supersedes and Gcc
@ 2007-04-20  6:37 Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2007-04-20  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

When replacing a news article with the corrected one using the
`S s' command in the summary buffer, the new news article will
never be archived since there is no Gcc header.  As the result
of this, only an article containing wrong contents is left over
in the archive group.

So, I've made a change so that `gnus-summary-supersede-article'
may add the Gcc header as is usual, only in the trunk.  It
depends on the configuration of the news server whether the
Supersedes header is accepted, though.

Regards,

* Re: Supersedes and Gcc
@ 2007-04-20 15:17 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-04-20 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Fri, Apr 20 2007, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:

> When replacing a news article with the corrected one using the
> `S s' command in the summary buffer, the new news article will
> never be archived since there is no Gcc header.

I tried without updating from CVS and surprisingly it worked for me.
But I found the following advises in my config:

#v+
(defadvice gnus-summary-resend-message-edit
  (around rs-message-resend-edit activate)
  "Do Gcc on resent editing."
  ad-do-it
  (rs-message-insert-gcc))

(defadvice gnus-summary-supersede-article
  (around rs-message-supersede-gcc activate)
  "Do Gcc when superseding."
  ad-do-it
  (rs-message-insert-gcc))

(defun rs-message-insert-gcc (&optional group)
  "Call `gnus-inews-insert-archive-gcc' and `gnus-inews-insert-gcc'."
  (gnus-inews-insert-archive-gcc group)
  (gnus-inews-insert-gcc))
#v-

Maybe it makes sense to add it to `gnus-summary-resend-message-edit'
(and `gnus-summary-resend-message'?) as well?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Supersedes and Gcc
@ 2007-04-21  3:50   ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2007-04-21  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> On Fri, Apr 20 2007, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:

>> When replacing a news article with the corrected one using the
>> `S s' command in the summary buffer, the new news article will
>> never be archived since there is no Gcc header.

> I tried without updating from CVS and surprisingly it worked for me.
> But I found the following advises in my config:

> (defadvice gnus-summary-resend-message-edit
>   (around rs-message-resend-edit activate)
>   "Do Gcc on resent editing."
>   ad-do-it
>   (rs-message-insert-gcc))

> (defadvice gnus-summary-supersede-article
>   (around rs-message-supersede-gcc activate)
>   "Do Gcc when superseding."
>   ad-do-it
>   (rs-message-insert-gcc))

> (defun rs-message-insert-gcc (&optional group)
>   "Call `gnus-inews-insert-archive-gcc' and `gnus-inews-insert-gcc'."
>   (gnus-inews-insert-archive-gcc group)
>   (gnus-inews-insert-gcc))

> Maybe it makes sense to add it to `gnus-summary-resend-message-edit'
> (and `gnus-summary-resend-message'?) as well?

They slipped my mind.  Yes, I think it is better to archive locally
all sent messages, even ones sent by `gnus-summary-resend-message'
or `gnus-summary-resend-bounced-mail', by default.  I'm going to
try it at the beginning of next week.

Thanks.

* Re: Supersedes and Gcc
@ 2007-04-23 12:22     ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2007-04-23 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Yes, I think it is better to archive locally all sent messages,
> even ones sent by `gnus-summary-resend-message' or
> `gnus-summary-resend-bounced-mail', by default.

I've modified `gnus-summary-resend-message-edit' and
`gnus-summary-resend-bounced-mail' so as to do Gcc, but given up
making `gnus-summary-resend-message' do it at present[1].

In addition, I've made `message-bounce' use `mime-to-mml'.  It
was ever added by ShengHuo but removed by Jesper for the reason
it doesn't work with PGP/MIME.  However, bounced messages are
almost MIME recently and Gnus seems to handle them properly
now (if a user doesn't modify text of course).  Have I overlooked
something?

[1] It is not so hard to make `gnus-summary-resend-message' do
    Gcc if we don't care even if users cannot edit Gcc header.
    Though we are required to make `gnus-inews-do-gcc' work with
    raw articles.

Regards,

P.S. http://www.jpl.org/elips/message-multiple-frames.el.gz has
     been updated so that it works with bounced messages as Gnus
     does by default.

* Re: Supersedes and Gcc
@ 2007-07-24 18:13     ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-07-24 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Sat, Apr 21 2007, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:

> Yes, I think it is better to archive locally all sent messages, even
> ones sent by `gnus-summary-resend-message' or
> `gnus-summary-resend-bounced-mail', by default.  I'm going to try it
> at the beginning of next week.

Should these changes go into v5-10 as well?  (A user in
de.comm.software.gnus asked about this topic today.)

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Supersedes and Gcc
@ 2007-07-24 23:19       ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2007-07-24 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> On Sat, Apr 21 2007, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:

>> Yes, I think it is better to archive locally all sent messages, even
>> ones sent by `gnus-summary-resend-message' or
>> `gnus-summary-resend-bounced-mail', by default.  I'm going to try it
>> at the beginning of next week.

> Should these changes go into v5-10 as well?  (A user in
> de.comm.software.gnus asked about this topic today.)

Certainly.  I've modified `gnus-summary-supersede-article',
`gnus-summary-resend-message-edit', and
`gnus-summary-resend-bounced-mail' so as to do Gcc in the v5-10
branch.