* make-variable-buffer-local in sieve-manage.el
@ 2005-08-01  8:11 Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2005-08-01  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

In sieve-manage.el, shouldn't `make-variable-buffer-local' used
in several places be replaced with `make-local-variable'?  For
instance:

(defun sieve-manage-interactive-login (buffer loginfunc)
  "Login to server in BUFFER.
LOGINFUNC is passed a username and a password, it should return t if
it where sucessful authenticating itself to the server, nil otherwise.
Returns t if login was successful, nil otherwise."
  (with-current-buffer buffer
    (make-variable-buffer-local 'sieve-manage-username)
    (make-variable-buffer-local 'sieve-manage-password)

* Re: make-variable-buffer-local in sieve-manage.el
@ 2005-08-02  9:47 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2005-08-02  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> In sieve-manage.el, shouldn't `make-variable-buffer-local' used
> in several places be replaced with `make-local-variable'?  For
> instance:

Probably, yes.  Please go ahead and make the change.

* Re: make-variable-buffer-local in sieve-manage.el
@ 2005-08-02 10:14   ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2005-08-02 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

>> In sieve-manage.el, shouldn't `make-variable-buffer-local' used
>> in several places be replaced with `make-local-variable'?

> Probably, yes.  Please go ahead and make the change.

Thanks.  I've done so in the v5-10 branch and the trunk.