From: Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: The type of gnus-ignored-from-addresses
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 20:10:00 +0900	[thread overview]

> Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> wrote:

>> ;;; gmm-utils.el --- Utility functions for Gnus, Message and MML
>> ;;; gnus-util.el --- utility functions for Gnus
>> ;;; mm-util.el --- Utility functions for Mule and low level things

>         Again, you're not very clear. OK, so there are 3 special cases.
> Are you suggesting that gnus-orify-regexp would be better placed in
> gmm-utils (since both Message and Gnus could use it) ?

I think that is the best, however we also have to consider
integrating of many other functions being scattered in
gnus-util.el and mm-util.el.  I mean integrating of
`gnus-replace-in-string' and `mm-replace-in-string' into
`gmm-replace-in-string', for example.

Although we had better do that sooner or later, probably it is
not time to do that now because it might make maintaining of No
Gnus and Gnus v5.11 difficult.

So, I will follow in the footsteps if I add a function which is
used by both Gnus and message.el now, since I think it is better
to do the integration at a time but very carefully in the future.

Regards,