* type token missing in Content-Type header
@ 2013-10-22 10:23 Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2013-10-22 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

These days I was getting mails attaching images that Gnus cannot
decode.  MS Outlook 14.0 sends such mails and I verified it can
decode.  The header of the image part of such a mail looks like
this:

Note that the first token (i.e., "image/jpeg") is missing in the
Content-Type header.  So, I tried making Gnus guess the type from
the file name extension (the Git master).  Dissecting such a mail
by `C-d' works as well.

* Re: type token missing in Content-Type header
@ 2013-10-22 14:05 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2013-10-22 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

> The header of the image part of such a mail looks like this:

Not just broken, but utterly broken - yay!

> So, I tried making Gnus guess the type from the file name extension
> (the Git master). Dissecting such a mail by `C-d' works as well.

Cool! Except that it is sad that it is necessary...

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "current mood is to crush live audiences. if you work        Adam Sjøgren
  to book shows, contact us now."                        asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: type token missing in Content-Type header
@ 2013-10-23  3:34   ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2013-10-23  3:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Adam Sjøgren wrote:
> Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:
>> The header of the image part of such a mail looks like this:

> Not just broken, but utterly broken - yay!

Sorry, I concluded that this issue is attributed to the broken
mails sender and the friends.  So, I'll revert the changes.
MS Outlook 14.0 was not a culprit.  The cause of the absence of
the first token in the Content-Type header was that the value
for the "Content Type" in the .jpg registry entry[1] was empty.
Though I don't know why such a breakage happened, I asked him to
fix it and the problem has gone.

[1] regedit -> \HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg