* vc-annotate.el, vc-dir.el
@ 2008-07-07  0:29 Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2008-07-07  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

vc-annotate.el and vc-dir.el have been added to the Gnus trunk
recently.  What versions of Emacsen are they for?  What do the
differences between them and the ones in the Emacs trunk mean?
(Should even Emacs trunk users use them?)  Perhaps don't we need
to drop them from compiling and installing for the Emacs versions
other than Emacs 22.x?  (I got many warnings and errors when
compiling the Gnus trunk with the Emacsen that Gnus supports.)

Regards,

* Re: vc-annotate.el, vc-dir.el
@ 2008-07-07  5:36 ` Sven Joachim
From: Sven Joachim @ 2008-07-07  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On 2008-07-07 02:29 +0200, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:

> vc-annotate.el and vc-dir.el have been added to the Gnus trunk
> recently.  What versions of Emacsen are they for?  What do the
> differences between them and the ones in the Emacs trunk mean?
> (Should even Emacs trunk users use them?)  Perhaps don't we need
> to drop them from compiling and installing for the Emacs versions
> other than Emacs 22.x?  (I got many warnings and errors when
> compiling the Gnus trunk with the Emacsen that Gnus supports.)

I'd rather ask Miles why he added these files in the first place.
They are not related to Gnus in any way, are they?

Sven

* Re: vc-annotate.el, vc-dir.el
@ 2008-07-07  6:57   ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2008-07-07  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> writes:
> I'd rather ask Miles why he added these files in the first place.
> They are not related to Gnus in any way, are they?

No, it was a mistake ... :-/

-Miles

--
Dawn, n. When men of reason go to bed.