From: Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>
To: Dan Nicolaescu <dann@ics.uci.edu>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: something changed in handling levels?
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 18:35:33 +0900	[thread overview]

> I am using gnus from emacs CVS. I always set the level for the archive
> groups to 6.
> Now (probably after gnus was updated in emacs CVS) I cannot see my old
> archive groups.

> Sorry for my lazy response.  Those changes were for fixing a
> problem brought by the new nntp marks feature:

> http://news.gmane.org/group/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/thread=57281
> The beginning article that is missing of this thread is here:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/57281

> I need time to know what it does and what is wrong...

I've fixed it in the Gnus CVS trunk.  Now Gnus should check for
articles of which the group levels are <=6 for all the groups
unless a group level is specified as an argument (i.e. a prefix
argument that a user gives to the `gnus-group-get-new-news'
command or the `gnus' command).

Probably the bad thing I did 3.5 years ago was that I verified
the modified `gnus-get-unread-articles' function for only the
case where a user specifies a group level (I usually do it).
I'm sorry to trouble you all.

Regards,