* gnus-add-to-list doesn't work for all groups
@ 2012-10-09  6:55 Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2012-10-09  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi all,

I've set `gnus-add-to-list' via group parameters to t in all my mailing
list groups.

(setq gnus-parameters
      [...]
	(,(rx "nnimap+Uni:ml/")
	 (gcc-self . "nnimap+Uni:Sent")
	 (subscribed . t)
	 (gnus-add-to-list t))
	(,(rx "nnimap+Fastmail:INBOX.mailinglists.")
	 (gcc-self . "nnimap+Fastmail:INBOX.Sent Items")
	 (gnus-use-scoring t)
	 (subscribed . t)
	 (gnus-add-to-list t))))

What works is that in every summary buffer of a mailing list like

    nnimap+Fastmail:INBOX.mailinglists.ding
    nnimap+Fastmail:INBOX.mailinglists.emacs-devel

gnus-add-to-list's value is t.

However, whereas in the emacs-devel group above, hitting `a' already
inserts the mailing list address as To (and gnus-mailing-list-mode is
t), that doesn't happen in ding or any other group.  I remember that I
was once queried if emacs-devel@gnu.org should be added as to-list
parameter when posting to emacs-devel.  However, that didn't happen in
any other mailing list group.

Now I've grepped the Gnus source files for gnus-add-to-list, and it's
only used in `gnus-post-news'.  So I used `edebug-defun' to check why
there's no to-list parameter added although `gnus-add-to-list' it t, and
the answer is that this function isn't called at all when I send off a
mail with `C-c C-c' (`message-send-and-exit').

Any ideas what's wrong?

Bye,
Tassilo