* ding article on google groups but not gmane
@ 2007-09-06  2:29 jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2007-09-06  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding; +Cc: larsi+gmane

Gentlemen, why is an article in this group,
visible on google groups, but not on gmane? Only the parent is visible
on gmane.
(http://news.gmane.org/group/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/last=/force_load=t)

Good thing I checked
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=\"don\'t+mark+as+read+automatically\"+gnus
Or else I wouldn't have ever seen his valuable reply.

The headers
http://groups.google.com/group/gnus.ding/msg/585acf697980782b?dmode=source
show that it went thru quimby.gnus.org.

* Re: ding article on google groups but not gmane
@ 2007-09-06  3:18 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2007-09-06  3:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding; +Cc: larsi+gmane

> Gentlemen, why is an article in this group,
> visible on google groups, but not on gmane? Only the parent is visible
> on gmane.
> (http://news.gmane.org/group/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/last=/force_load=t)

> Good thing I checked
> http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=\"don\'t+mark+as+read+automatically\"+gnus
> Or else I wouldn't have ever seen his valuable reply.

> The headers
> http://groups.google.com/group/gnus.ding/msg/585acf697980782b?dmode=source
> show that it went thru quimby.gnus.org.

I guess the reason is that the article <yoijwsvfckmz.fsf@...> was
first posted by the author to the gnus.ding newsgroup, and the
Gmane server has not only the gmane.emacs.gnus.general group but
also the gnus.ding group.  So, the article reposted by the ding
server to the gmane.emacs.gnus.general group was rejected because
of the duplicated Message-ID (the article has already reached to
the gnus.ding group in the Gmane server before being reposted to
the gmane.emacs.gnus.general group).  Similarly, it will probably
happen also when posting articles to the gmane.emacs.gnus.general
group, I guess.