* forwarding signed or encrypted messages
@ 2007-06-22 12:20 Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2007-06-22 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

When forwarding digitally signed or encrypted messages, Gnus
uses the raw form by default so that they may not be broken by
MIME encoding again.  In that case, non-ASCII text is left as
encoded data in the message buffer, and conflicts with the
cheking of illegible-text when sending.  Three weeks ago I got
a report that someone is often annoyed by the warning:

Non-printable characters found.  Continue sending? (d, r, i, e, ?):

It is because he has many opportunities to forward Japanese
signed messages.

It can be solved by adding `(illegible-text . disabled)' to
`message-syntax-checks'.  However, I think it is no more than
a workaround and is bad for normal messages.  To make the part
be detached from the message buffer into another buffer is not
good too, because users may want to modify the header (e.g.,
removing Received: headers) even for such raw messages.  I
considered parts to be forwarded are safe at mostly all times,
and modified the checking of illegible-text so as to ignore such
raw parts.  In the Gnus CVS trunk.

In relation to this, there is another problem in the checking of
illegible-text.  Though it is not so serious, since it checks
non-ASCII characters one by one, it takes time when sending big
messages.  I have no plan to improve it for the moment.

Regards,

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-06-22 12:20 UTC | newest]