From: Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: The type of gnus-ignored-from-addresses
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 08:49:41 +0900	[thread overview]

> As I did some time ago for message-dont-reply-to-names, the type of
> gnus-ignored-from-addresses can now be a list of regexps instead of just
> one, which greatly improves its readability (and consequently its
> maintenance).

Thanks for improving it.  But I think it is better not to load a
Gnus module (i.e., gnus-util.el) at all times since, in principle,
message.el is a module independent of Gnus.

In texi/gnus-coding.texi:
,----
| 1.1.5 message
|
| All message composition from Gnus (both mail and news) takes place in
| Message mode buffers.  Message mode is intended to be a replacement for
| Emacs mail mode.  There should be no Gnus dependencies in `message.el'.
`----

For instance, there might be those who use message.el without Gnus
but don't use it for replying.  Although many Gnus functions are
actually used there, they were all designed so as to be autoloaded.

Regards,