From: Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: gnus-shr-put-image: Wrong number of arguments
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 13:48:50 +0900	[thread overview]

Dave Goldberg wrote:
>> Moreover, shr.el and also shr-color.el and eww.el was moved from
>> 真 Gnus to the Emacs Bzr trunk (a.k.a. Emacs 24.3.50) at 2013-06-23.
>> So, if you wish to keep keeping track of 真 Gnus, the best way
>> will be to use the Emacs trunk.

I implicitly wrote in this

>> I don't think we should have a copy of those modules in 真 Gnus.

is that shr.el and friends should be free to using new features
of the bleeding edge Emacs, not be shackled by old Emacsen.

> I've been managing to use the latest Gnus with whatever Emacs is
> bundled in my distro for years now.  Is that really no longer
> possible?

It might be possible, however I guess it reaches impasse sooner
or later.  Because eww.el uses shr.el, and shr.el will probably
get to want to use Emacs's new features so as to improve eww.el.
Maybe no one can keep those modules to work with old Emacs 24s.
Another advantage that they are in the Emacs trunk is that there
are many developers than here, I think.

Oh, mm-text-html-renderer's default should not be `shr' now (in
at least 真 Gnus), isn't it?