Michael Heerdegen wrote: > Tassilo Horn writes: >> Hi all, >> >> when I receive a mail with some PDF attachment and hit RET on it, evince >> will be opened as external viewer. When I start evince (on the command >> line), it'll issue some fontconfig warning: >> >> Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/59-google-droid-sans.conf", >> line 61: Having multiple values in isn't supported and may not >> work as expected >> >> Now when I close the evince instance that was opened from within gnus, >> that warning is inserted into the Article buffer. >> >> It's just a viewing issue. When opening the article again, the >> fontconfig warnings aren't there anymore. > I see the same problem, but with attached pictures and the feh viewer. Seems to > be a general problem. This is a feature Lars added: 2012-02-09 Lars Ingebrigtsen * mm-decode.el (mm-display-external): Output the text from the command in the buffer after the command finished. This makes text-based commands behave better. If you want those warnings to appear in the article buffer without waiting for finishing of a command, something like a quick hack attached below will help. Otherwise, if you want certain kinds of text not to appear, I have no idea how to distinguish whether it's a warning or whether a command is used for text-output.