From: Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Posting styles and Faces
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 07:56:01 +0900	[thread overview]

Rasmus wrote:
> I have noticed that I can't insert a (PNG Base64) Face with
> gnus-posting-styles.  Here's an example that can be evaluated in
> emacs -q:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(progn
  (require 'gnus-msg)
  (setq gnus-posting-styles
	'((".*"
	   (name "Rasmus")
	   (address "rasmus@gmx.us")
	   (Face "FOO")
	   (X-Face "FOO2")
	   (-Face "BAR")))
	gnus-select-method '(nnml ""))
  (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
	       '(nntp "gmane"
		      (nntp-address "news.gmane.org")))
  (gnus)
  (gnus-group-mail))
#+END_SRC

> Note that -Face is present, but neither Face nor X-Face is set.

In that message buffer, what does the variable `message-setup-hook'
get?  (Try `C-h v message-setup-hook RET' in the message buffer.)
What I got is as follows and there's nothing strange, i.e., I got
those three face headers in the message buffer.  That's a mystery.

#v+
((lambda nil
   (set (make-local-variable 'user-mail-address) "rasmus@gmx.us")
   (let ((user-full-name "Rasmus")
	 (user-mail-address "rasmus@gmx.us"))
     (save-excursion
       (message-remove-header "From")
       (message-goto-eoh)
       (insert "From: " (message-make-from) "\n"))))
 (lambda nil
   (save-excursion
     (message-remove-header "X-Face")
     (let ((value "FOO2"))