john.williams@otago.ac.nz wrote: > But if this is a common problem, perhaps it should be noted in the > Gnus manual, in the section about dealing with MIME parts? I was going to improve Gnus so as to run xdg-open but it slipped my mind someday. But Google taught me today that someone has solved it perfectly: http://i-yt.info/?date=20090829#p01 (Japanese) One says "To make xdg-open work with `start-process', bind `process-connection-type' to nil.". I'll try it on Fedora 19 in home (now I'm in the office and have Cygwin only) later. Before I do it, could someone try the attached patch? Note that this should work for not only xdg-open but also any external programs.