* gnus-summary-resend-message and gcc
@ 2012-02-11 20:21 Michael Cook
From: Michael Cook @ 2012-02-11 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

When I resend a message (gnus-summary-resend-message), a copy gets
Gcc'ed into my gcc group.  This didn't happen until recently after I
updated to the latest git code (which I hadn't done in long time).

Poking around in the code, I see that gnus-summary-resend-message
adds gnus-agent-possibly-do-gcc to message-sent-hook, and adds
gnus-summary-resend-message-insert-gcc to message-header-setup-hook.

gnus-summary-resend-message-insert-gcc heeds
gnus-gcc-self-resent-messages, which I've set to 'none.

But gnus-agent-possibly-do-gcc calls gnus-inews-do-gcc, which
seems to unconditionally do gcc.

Is something broken here?  How do I get gnus-summary-resend-message
not to do gcc?

Michael

* Re: gnus-summary-resend-message and gcc
@ 2012-02-13  1:35 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2012-02-13  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Cook; +Cc: ding

Michael Cook wrote:
> When I resend a message (gnus-summary-resend-message), a copy gets
> Gcc'ed into my gcc group.  This didn't happen until recently after I
> updated to the latest git code (which I hadn't done in long time).

How do you add the Gcc header for your "gcc group" to a message
to resend?
I tried

(setq message-default-headers "Gcc: nnml:inbox\n")
(setq gnus-gcc-self-resent-messages 'none)

and saw no Gcc took place.  Hm.

> Poking around in the code, I see that gnus-summary-resend-message
> adds gnus-agent-possibly-do-gcc to message-sent-hook, and adds
> gnus-summary-resend-message-insert-gcc to message-header-setup-hook.

> gnus-summary-resend-message-insert-gcc heeds
> gnus-gcc-self-resent-messages, which I've set to 'none.

> But gnus-agent-possibly-do-gcc calls gnus-inews-do-gcc, which
> seems to unconditionally do gcc.

But there should be no Gcc header in the message header then if
all is going right.  The `message-resend' function modifies or
removes Gcc header according to `gnus-gcc-self-resent-messages',
so you can try this hook to see how the message header is then:

(add-hook 'message-sent-hook
	  (lambda nil
	    (copy-to-buffer (get-buffer-create "*testing*")
			    (point-min) (point-max))))

;; Consult the "*testing*" buffer after resending a message.

@ 2012-02-13  1:51   ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2012-02-13  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Cook; +Cc: ding

Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
> Michael Cook wrote:
[...]
>> But gnus-agent-possibly-do-gcc calls gnus-inews-do-gcc, which
>> seems to unconditionally do gcc.

> But there should be no Gcc header in the message header then if
> all is going right.  The `message-resend' function modifies or
> removes Gcc header according to `gnus-gcc-self-resent-messages',
> so you can try this hook to see how the message header is then:

> (add-hook 'message-sent-hook
> 	  (lambda nil
> 	    (copy-to-buffer (get-buffer-create "*testing*")
> 			    (point-min) (point-max))))

> ;; Consult the "*testing*" buffer after resending a message.

This hook is not helpful, sorry.  Maybe the best way is to edebug
the `message-resend' function (and consult the " *message resend*"
buffer).

* Re: gnus-summary-resend-message and gcc
@ 2012-02-13 18:39     ` Michael Cook
From: Michael Cook @ 2012-02-13 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Katsumi Yamaoka; +Cc: ding

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

> Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
>> Michael Cook wrote:
> [...]
>>> But gnus-agent-possibly-do-gcc calls gnus-inews-do-gcc, which
>>> seems to unconditionally do gcc.
>
>> But there should be no Gcc header in the message header then if
>> all is going right.  The `message-resend' function modifies or
>> removes Gcc header according to `gnus-gcc-self-resent-messages',
>> so you can try this hook to see how the message header is then:

Turns out I had a message-header-setup-hook function that was adding
the Gcc header.  That used to do what I wanted, but is apparently no
longer correct with the latest gnus.  So, I've removed it.

Thanks.

@ 2012-02-13 23:38       ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2012-02-13 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Cook; +Cc: ding

Michael Cook wrote:
> Turns out I had a message-header-setup-hook function that was adding
> the Gcc header.  That used to do what I wanted, but is apparently no
> longer correct with the latest gnus.  So, I've removed it.

I see.  Now you can use message-header-setup-hook to add Gcc header
as before.  gnus-gcc-self-resent-messages will control it rightly.