* gnus keymap elisp confusion
@ 2014-04-08  1:23 Ian Kelling
From: Ian Kelling @ 2014-04-08  1:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

nnmairix.el has this code:
(defun nnmairix-group-mode-hook ()
  "Nnmairix group mode keymap."
  (define-key gnus-group-mode-map
    (kbd "G b") (make-sparse-keymap))
  (define-key gnus-group-mode-map
    (kbd "G b g") 'nnmairix-create-search-group)

The keybinds work fine. I'm just confused that when I do C-h v
gnus-group-mode-map, it shows a lot of keybinds, but not these ones.
I'm just curious why this is.

* Re: gnus keymap elisp confusion
@ 2014-04-08  1:47 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2014-04-08  1:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Ian Kelling wrote:
> nnmairix.el has this code:
> (defun nnmairix-group-mode-hook ()
>   "Nnmairix group mode keymap."
>   (define-key gnus-group-mode-map
>     (kbd "G b") (make-sparse-keymap))
>   (define-key gnus-group-mode-map
>     (kbd "G b g") 'nnmairix-create-search-group)

> The keybinds work fine. I'm just confused that when I do C-h v
> gnus-group-mode-map, it shows a lot of keybinds, but not these ones.
> I'm just curious why this is.

Maybe a better way to list those keys is `C-h b' in the group
buffer.  Why those keys don't appear in `C-h v g-g-mode-map' is
that (probably) the keymap for the G-prefixed group keys are
explicitly defined as `gnus-group-group-map' in gnus-group.el.

* Re: gnus keymap elisp confusion
@ 2014-04-08 22:56   ` Ian Kelling
From: Ian Kelling @ 2014-04-08 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Katsumi Yamaoka; +Cc: ding

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

> Why those keys don't appear in `C-h v g-g-mode-map' is
> that (probably) the keymap for the G-prefixed group keys are
> explicitly defined as `gnus-group-group-map' in gnus-group.el.

Double vision! Thanks.

- Ian