* Infinite loop in shr.el
@ 2013-02-23 18:49 Vincent Bernat
From: Vincent Bernat @ 2013-02-23 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi!

When reading HTML mails rendered with shr.el, I have sometimes Gnus
stuck on rendering. If I quit, I see that Gnus is stuck on
shr-find-fill-point. Unfortunately, the debug-on-quit backtrace does not
provide the exact line. I just get the function and it contains several
while loops. This happens for mails that are using many nested cite
blocks.

--
panic("esp: what could it be... I wonder...");
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi/esp.c

* Re: Infinite loop in shr.el
@ 2013-02-24 12:05 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2013-02-24 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 19:49:25 +0100, Vincent wrote:

> When reading HTML mails rendered with shr.el, I have sometimes Gnus
> stuck on rendering. If I quit, I see that Gnus is stuck on
> shr-find-fill-point. Unfortunately, the debug-on-quit backtrace does not
> provide the exact line. I just get the function and it contains several
> while loops. This happens for mails that are using many nested cite
> blocks.

Have you got an example you can share?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Set out on a laughless day                                  Adam Sjøgren
  Like a troupe of clowns"                               asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Infinite loop in shr.el
@ 2013-02-25  2:37   ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2013-02-25  2:37 UTC (permalink / raw)