* Fetching news/mail for one specific level only.
@ 2012-08-01 19:39 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2012-08-01 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

No doubt its documented but .. ;)

I have my mail as level 2 and other "fun" nntp groups at 5.

If I C-u 2 g then subsequent "g" commands fetch from level 2. Fine.

However if I C-u 5 g then it also fetches from my mail groups at level
2. I dont want this as the password negotiation and imap chatter is
quite lengthy.

How do I *only* fetch from level 5 and not the levels lower?

* Re: Fetching news/mail for one specific level only.
@ 2012-08-02  5:54 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2012-08-02  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Richard Riley wrote:
> No doubt its documented but .. ;)

The OP only posted a patch to the codes with no UI:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/80457

So, I guessed he possibly binds `g' to his custom function that
uses the revised Gnus code.

[...]

> How do I *only* fetch from level 5 and not the levels lower?

This works, but I'm not sure it's the best:

(defadvice gnus-group-get-new-news (before only-one-level
					   (&optional arg one-level)
					   activate)
  "Make it work for only the specified level."
  (if arg (setq one-level t)))

* Re: Fetching news/mail for one specific level only.
@ 2012-08-03 11:19   ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2012-08-03 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Thu, Aug 02 2012, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:

> The OP only posted a patch to the codes with no UI:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/80457
>
> So, I guessed he possibly binds `g' to his custom function that
> uses the revised Gnus code.

The OP uses `gnus-demon-add-handler' ... ;)

--
           Peter