* gnus-setup.el seems really outdated
@ 2013-12-07  4:07 Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2013-12-07  4:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Is anyone using gnus-setup.el?  Can it be removed?  Last meaningful
update I see is from 2001.

Ted

* Re: gnus-setup.el seems really outdated
@ 2013-12-26 16:18 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2013-12-26 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> Is anyone using gnus-setup.el?  Can it be removed?  Last meaningful
> update I see is from 2001.

Yeah, I think it could be removed safely, but perhaps after the Emacs
feature freeze...

* Re: gnus-setup.el seems really outdated
@ 2014-01-03 19:42   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2014-01-03 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 17:18:56 +0100 Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

LI> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>> Is anyone using gnus-setup.el?  Can it be removed?  Last meaningful
>> update I see is from 2001.

LI> Yeah, I think it could be removed safely, but perhaps after the Emacs
LI> feature freeze...

It could be removed sooner in the Gnus Git repo.  I'll do if you're OK
with it.

@ 2014-01-30  0:29     ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2014-01-30  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> It could be removed sooner in the Gnus Git repo.  I'll do if you're OK
> with it.

I'm going to do a sweep over all outstanding Gnus bugs the coming days,
and after that, it's time to start new features.  >"?  I'll remove it
then.

* Re: gnus-setup.el seems really outdated
@ 2014-01-31 23:12 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2014-01-31 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding; +Cc: Katsumi Yamaoka

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> Is anyone using gnus-setup.el?  Can it be removed?  Last meaningful
> update I see is from 2001.

I've now removed this file.

Katsumi, I've now started applying patches and stuff that brings in new
features (which shouldn't be synced with the Emacs trunk).

* Re: gnus-setup.el seems really outdated
@ 2014-02-02 22:49   ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2014-02-02 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>> Is anyone using gnus-setup.el?  Can it be removed?  Last meaningful
>> update I see is from 2001.

> I've now removed this file.

> Katsumi, I've now started applying patches and stuff that brings in new
> features (which shouldn't be synced with the Emacs trunk).

Ok.  Thank you for the information (and sorry for the late reply).
Now the patches to be merged in Emacs in the future are kept in:

http://www.jpl.org/ftp/pub/tmp/MaGnus-to-Emacs-pending.patch