* nntp-authinfo-force
@ 2006-11-10  8:15 Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2006-11-10  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I added the new server variable `nntp-authinfo-force' to the
trunk.  It can be used as a substitute of the FORCE token
specified in the ~/.authinfo file.  I use it in one of the
select methods as follows (I don't have the ~/.authinfo file):

(nntp "kyoto"
      (nntp-address "news.media.kyoto-u.invalid")
      (nntp-authinfo-password "Turtle Power!")
      (nntp-authinfo-user "UserName")
      (nntp-authinfo-force t)
      (nntp-end-of-line "\n")
      (nntp-open-connection-function nntp-open-via-rlogin-and-telnet)
      (nntp-via-address "jpl.org")
      (nntp-via-rlogin-command "ssh")
      (nntp-via-rlogin-command-switches ("-C" "-t" "-e" "none")))

Today I used this news server for the first time and realized
the authentication is required first to get `active'.  Gnus does
not send the authinfo by default, so I didn't see what groups
are there.  OTOH, news.individual.net that I use for years does
not require the authentication for only getting `active' first.

Regards,

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-11-10  8:15 UTC | newest]