* Can we access dpreview online forum
@ 2013-04-08  0:10 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2013-04-08  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Can anyone tell me how to access the www.dpreview.com forums with
gnus?

Some way to have something like an nntp type access to it.

* Re: Can we access dpreview online forum
@ 2013-04-08 23:16 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2013-04-08 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Harry Putnam wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to access the www.dpreview.com forums with
> gnus?

1. Subscribe to a feed, http://www.dpreview.com/feeds/news/latest
   for example, in http://www.gwene.org/, and read articles via
   nntp in the newsgroup gwene.bla.bla.bla made associated to it
   (Not tested).
   The select method for the newsgroup is:
	(nntp "gwene" (nntp-address "news.gwene.org"))

2. Use the shimbun library that is bundled with emacs-w3m.  As for
   http://www.dpreview.com/feeds/news/latest , the following steps
   enable you to read the feeds containing images:

   Add this snippet to ~/.emacs-w3m.el:
(setq shimbun-rss-hash-group-path-alist
      '(("dpreview.news.latest" "http://www.dpreview.com/feeds/news/latest")))

   In the group buffer, create the group as follows:
M-x gnus-group-make-shimbun-group [RET]
rss-hash [RET]
dpreview.news.latest [RET]

   Note that gnus-group-make-shimbun-group is a command that
   nnshimbun.el provides.