Hi, Doesn't your problem apply to this case? I tried using unpatched Gnus v5.11 for a couple of these days to read and post mail and news articles as usual, however I didn't encounter any other trouble. >>>>> Katsumi Yamaoka wrote: > The prerequisites to cause this bug are: > 1. You have persistent (i.e., cached, marked with `*') articles > that you have read (or marked as ticked) in a group. > 2. Some or all of those articles have been expired in the server. > 3. You have ever performed `gnus-agent-expire' or > `gnus-agent-regenerate', or have ever simply deleted the > ~/News/agent/ directory. (In the last case, the directory > and files are regenerated automatically.) > In that case, some or all of persistent articles that have been > expired in the server are recognized as unfetched articles, > because the Agent cannot fetch those headers from the server. > And then, they are all marked as unread when you run the `c' > command (`gnus-summary-catchup-and-exit'), that recognizes > unfetched articles as unread articles. [...] > The patch for Gnus v5.11 is here: