Hi, Today I tried synch'ing the Gnus trunk with the Emacs trunk and found a problem concerning `float-time'. In time-date.el, `define-obsolete-function-alias' is not available in Emacs 21 that Gnus still supports. It causes an error when loading gnus-load.el. In ecomplete.el, gnus-util.el and time-date.el, (featurep 'xemacs) is used for checking if `float-time' is available like this: (if (featurep 'xemacs) (time-to-seconds time) (float-time time)) However, XEmacs may implement `float-time' in the future. Therefore I made changes in those files as attached below. WDYT? The whole patch that synch the Gnus trunk with the Emacs trunk is: ftp://ftp.jpl.org/pub/tmp/Gnus-Emacs-20090907.diff.gz of http://www.jpl.org/ftp/pub/tmp/Gnus-Emacs-20090907.diff.gz Regards,