* emacs repo and gnus repo
@ 2012-07-26 12:02 Erik Colson
From: Erik Colson @ 2012-07-26 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

I'm used to compile Emacs from the bzr repo, and then get gnus from its
own repo. However gnus is already present in the emacs bzr repo. So,
maybe I don't need to get gnus from it's own repo... How close is emacs
gnus repo from gnus repo ?

Thanks
--
erik

* Re: emacs repo and gnus repo
@ 2012-07-26 22:28 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2012-07-26 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Colson; +Cc: ding

Erik Colson wrote:
> I'm used to compile Emacs from the bzr repo, and then get gnus from its
> own repo. However gnus is already present in the emacs bzr repo. So,
> maybe I don't need to get gnus from it's own repo... How close is emacs
> gnus repo from gnus repo ?

I'm a merging engineer; Gnus is being synchronized between Emacs
bzr trunk and Gnus git master day after day except for some IMAP
related functions:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/149948

So, you may want to install Ma Gnus from the git repo if you'd
like to try those ambitions.  The differences between bzr and git
are in:

ftp://ftp.jpl.org/pub/tmp/MaGnus-to-Emacs.patch

* Re: emacs repo and gnus repo
@ 2012-07-26 22:37   ` Erik Colson
From: Erik Colson @ 2012-07-26 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Katsumi Yamaoka; +Cc: ding

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

> Erik Colson wrote:
>> I'm used to compile Emacs from the bzr repo, and then get gnus from its
>> own repo. However gnus is already present in the emacs bzr repo. So,
>> maybe I don't need to get gnus from it's own repo... How close is emacs
>> gnus repo from gnus repo ?
>
> I'm a merging engineer; Gnus is being synchronized between Emacs
> bzr trunk and Gnus git master day after day except for some IMAP
> related functions:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/149948
>
> So, you may want to install Ma Gnus from the git repo if you'd
> like to try those ambitions.  The differences between bzr and git
> are in:
>
> ftp://ftp.jpl.org/pub/tmp/MaGnus-to-Emacs.patch

Thanks for the information. I figure I'll continue using gnus from the
git repo then.

Thanks
--
erik