From: Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: saving inline images
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 09:15:28 +0900	[thread overview]

ivan.kanis@googlemail.com wrote:
> I am trying to save inline html images. Can't find out how to do it. I
> tried all the K keys. Has anyone managed to do that? I can find a sample
> mail if you need an example.

If you're talking about an html article that shr.el renders, you
can use the `i' command on an image.  It launches an external
browser and displays an image in it, so you'll be able to save
it by using browser's command.

However, if an image is attached to the mail (i.e., it is a MIME
part of the mail, that is called a cid image), the `i' command
(currently) doesn't support it.  In that case, you can use the
`C-d' command on a summary buffer to dissect the mail into some
parts.  And you can easily find an image among them and save it
to a file in an ordinary way.

Maybe the `i' command (shr-browse-image) needs to be improved so
as to support cid images.  Also the `o' command (shr-save-contents)
had better support saving both external and cid images as well.
My only worry is that it may require renaming shr.el to chr.el
(S-a simple, C-a ...).

> かっこ悪くたっていいのだ、かっこ悪さを恐れてはいけない、恥ずかしがって
> はいけない、どんなかっこうでも真剣に生きる姿は美しいのだ。
>  【千秋 実】

Yes, that's right!

> 「James Brown - Get Up, Get Into It And Get Involved (Mono)」を聞いている。

In natural Japanese, we'd say: 「...」を聴きながら…  ;-)