From: Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>
Subject: Re: Sync of Gnus with Emacs
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:32:15 +0900	[thread overview]

I switched Gnus to v5-10.  Oh, how old this is!  I flinched.
Although I never make light of it, I like latest version very
much even if there may be some bugs. ;-)

> Here is a suggestion on how to do it rather convenient (suggestions
> for improvement very welcome):

> - Open the ChangeLog file in the No Gnus directory.

> - Goto 2004-01-04 (No Gnus starts here).  Search for your name with
>   `C-r'.

> - (If the entry might be relevant:)
>   Open the source file(s) *in the v5-10* directory, browse the log
>   with `C-x v l', use `d' (log-view-diff) to view the change.

>   If relevant, apply the hunk(s) using `C-c C-a' from the *vc-diff*
>   buffer.  Add the ChangeLog entry using the current date.  Commit.

> - Do this for the ChangeLogs in texi/ and lisp/.

> - Post a message in this thread that you have checked (and installed)
>   your changes.

Thanks for the guidance.  I have some questions.

Isn't deleting Emacs 20 stuff necessity?  How about XEmacs stuff?
It includes replacing of gnus-point-at-bol with point-at-bol,
using of with-syntax-table and a lot of other things.

mm-inline-text-html-render-with-w3m doesn't work with the latest
released version of emacs-w3m.  May I change it and related stuff?
It is not a bugfix, though.  The emacs-w3m team aren't interested
in maintaining of old versions of emacs-w3m.

What date should we use for the ChangeLog entries?

Thanks in advance.