* Recent gnus-get-unread-articles changes cause trouble
@ 2004-06-04  1:40 Mark Plaksin
From: Mark Plaksin @ 2004-06-04  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

After the first change (rev 7.16) below, I started seeing weirdness with g in
the Group buffer.  I have several nnvirtual groups at level 4.  They happen
to contain only nnrss groups.  If I do 4 g I see the nnrss groups being
checked but when gnus-group-get-new-news finishes, these groups show up with
an asterisk in place of the number of unread articles.  If I ESC g while
pointing at the nnvirtual group, everything works as expected.

Reverting to rev 7.15 of gnus-start.el resolves the problem.

Possibly related is the discussion in this long thread:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/56066

Before I try to debug it I thought I'd see if anybody else had ideas off the
top of their heads :)

Thanks for any help!

revision 7.18
date: 2004/05/21 10:41:21;  author: yamaoka;  state: Exp;  lines: +16 -13
(gnus-get-unread-articles): Cosmetic change.
----------------------------
revision
7.17
date: 2004/05/21 04:03:38;  author: yamaoka;  state: Exp;  lines: +5 -3
(gnus-get-unread-articles): Fix previous commit.
----------------------------
revision 7.16
date: 2004/05/21 00:34:56;  author: yamaoka;  state: Exp;  lines: +1 -1
(gnus-get-unread-articles): Don't invalidate active for foreign groups
even if the group level is higher than the specified value.

* Re: Recent gnus-get-unread-articles changes cause trouble
@ 2004-06-04  1:45 ` Mark Plaksin
From: Mark Plaksin @ 2004-06-04  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mark Plaksin <happy@mcplaksin.org> writes:

> Reverting to rev 7.15 of gnus-start.el resolves the problem.

Ack!  It resolved it for my first 4 g, but for subsequent 4 g attempts it's
still broken.  I'll look further and report when I have a real clue :)

* Re: Recent gnus-get-unread-articles changes cause trouble
@ 2004-06-04  2:38 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2004-06-04  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hi,

> After the first change (rev 7.16) below, I started seeing weirdness with g in
> the Group buffer.  I have several nnvirtual groups at level 4.  They happen
> to contain only nnrss groups.  If I do 4 g I see the nnrss groups being
> checked but when gnus-group-get-new-news finishes, these groups show up with
> an asterisk in place of the number of unread articles.  If I ESC g while
> pointing at the nnvirtual group, everything works as expected.

> Reverting to rev 7.15 of gnus-start.el resolves the problem.

Hmm, I made a nnrss group for the first time and did what you wrote,
however I couldn't reproduce the problem.  I need to try more...

> Possibly related is the discussion in this long thread:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/56066

My last change in gnus-start.el relates to:

http://news.gmane.org/group/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/thread=57281
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>