From: Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>
Subject: Re: completion-ignore-case
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:02:19 +0900	[thread overview]

> On Tue, Nov 11 2003, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:

> [ Set `completion-ignore-case' to t in `gnus-completing-read-with-default' ]
>> I think it is harmless to all users and wish to commit to Gnus
>> CVS.  Opinions?

> If you want to install it[1], please make it customizable somehow.  I
> have organized my mail groups using Firstname.Lastname for persons and
> e.g. misc.foo (lists.baz, ...) for other stuff.  When I hit `M TAB', I
> expect to see persons who's first name starts with "M" rather than
> "misc.*".

I see!  Ignoring case will force inconvenience to those who are
using uppercase letters for the special groups.  Thank you for
making me notice it.

> [1] Couldn't you advise `gnus-completing-read-with-default'?

It's possible, however it may be enough to me just to set
completion-ignore-case to t. :)  Anyway, I withdraw the proposal.

Regards,
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>