* Gnus really slow & 90% cpu usage
@ 2004-05-31  9:36 Ding Lei
From: Ding Lei @ 2004-05-31  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello ...
    After using Gnus(nognus0.3) for several days, I have to say that Gnus
is really fancy & so much exciting feature ... but it's really too slow, and
usually costs more than 90% cpu usage, esp. when retrieving news headers.
   I even found that several another emacs proces will become quite slow when
another emacs(gnus) is retrieving headers or sorting.
   I am using a Celeron 2.6g/512mb machine, and the speed is sometimes unbearable.

  any suggestions?
  Thanks.

--
Yours,

   <<<:::::   D i n g    L e i   ::::::>>
 ||                                      ||
 || Ext: 8106                            ||
 || Email: <dinglei [A] ipanel [O] cn>   ||
 || Dept. Of Technology/Engineering      ||
 || Embedded Information Services Inc.   ||
 ||                                      ||
<((((((    =====================     )))))>>>

Lieberman's Law:
	Everybody lies, but it doesn't matter since nobody listens.

* Re: Gnus really slow & 90% cpu usage
@ 2004-05-31  9:39 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2004-05-31  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hello ...
>     After using Gnus(nognus0.3) for several days, I have to say that Gnus
> is really fancy & so much exciting feature ... but it's really too slow, and
> usually costs more than 90% cpu usage, esp. when retrieving news headers.
>    I even found that several another emacs proces will become quite slow when
> another emacs(gnus) is retrieving headers or sorting.
>    I am using a Celeron 2.6g/512mb machine, and the speed is sometimes unbearable.

>   any suggestions?
>   Thanks.

Would setting the nntp-marks-is-evil variable as t help you?
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>