* html2text bug (was Re: mm-text-html-renderer)
       [not found]   ` <uwt6ntm08.fsf@ybb.ne.jp>
@ 2006-10-26 11:23     ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2006-10-26 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: semi-gnus-ja

Hi,

YAGI Tatsuya reported two bugs concerned with html2text.el.
One is that the `html2text' command cannot be called
interactively because mm-view.el doesn't set the interactive
flag in the autoload form:

(eval-and-compile
[...]
  (autoload 'html2text "html2text"))

The other is that the `html2text' command causes infloop if
<a ...> tag is not closed with </a> in an html source.  You can
reproduce this by putting only the following line in an empty
buffer and performing the `html2text' command:

It is due to the `html2text-format-tags' function.  Does anyone
have time to fix them?

Thanks in advance.

* Re: html2text bug
@ 2006-10-26 14:04       ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2006-10-26 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: semi-gnus-ja

On Thu, Oct 26 2006, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:

> One is that the `html2text' command cannot be called
> interactively because mm-view.el doesn't set the interactive
> flag in the autoload form:
>
> (eval-and-compile
> [...]
>   (autoload 'html2text "html2text"))

I've fixed this one in trunk and v5-10, but not the second bug:

> The other is that the `html2text' command causes infloop if
> <a ...> tag is not closed with </a> in an html source.  You can
> reproduce this by putting only the following line in an empty
> buffer and performing the `html2text' command:

> It is due to the `html2text-format-tags' function.  Does anyone
> have time to fix them?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: html2text bug
@ 2006-10-30 12:12         ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2006-10-30 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: semi-gnus-ja

> On Thu, Oct 26 2006, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:

>> One is that the `html2text' command cannot be called
>> interactively because mm-view.el doesn't set the interactive
>> flag in the autoload form:
>>
>> (eval-and-compile
>> [...]
>>   (autoload 'html2text "html2text"))

> I've fixed this one in trunk and v5-10, but not the second bug:

Thanks.

>> The other is that the `html2text' command causes infloop if
>> <a ...> tag is not closed with </a> in an html source.

The infloop only happens with last open tag in an html source.
It is serious, but what is more serious is the case where an
open tag exists in the middle of a source.  In that case,
anything between <a ...> and next <a ...> disappears.  It is
hard to improve html2text so that it works like w3m, though.

>> You can reproduce this by putting only the following line in
>> an empty buffer and performing the `html2text' command:

>> It is due to the `html2text-format-tags' function.

I did a minimal fix in the trunk and the v5-10 branch.

Regards,