* compile warn
@ 2004-11-24  7:27 Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2004-11-24  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Since bytecomp.el has been changed in the Emacs trunk, Gnus got
to issue many warnings while compiling and I am always startled
with them even if they don't cause any problems and are
negligible.  In order to silence those warnings, I made a patch
to nnrss.el and spam.el.  Am I able to commit it?

A patch for the Gnus trunk: http://www.jpl.org/trunk-patch.txt

A patch for the v5-10 branch: http://www.jpl.org/v5-10-patch.txt

Regards,

* Re: compile warn
@ 2004-11-26  8:15 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2004-11-26  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Since bytecomp.el has been changed in the Emacs trunk, Gnus got
> to issue many warnings while compiling and I am always startled
> with them even if they don't cause any problems and are
> negligible.  In order to silence those warnings, I made a patch
> to nnrss.el and spam.el.  Am I able to commit it?

> A patch for the Gnus trunk: http://www.jpl.org/trunk-patch.txt

> A patch for the v5-10 branch: http://www.jpl.org/v5-10-patch.txt

I've modified and installed them.  It is useful at least for me
that bogus warnings aren't issued while building Gnus.  It makes
it easy to find out serious problems.  Although they aren't
helpful while building Emacs, the reason I also modified the
v5-10 branch is that it will be released as Gnus v5.10.7.

Regards,

* Re: compile warn
@ 2004-11-26  8:46   ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2004-11-26  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Hiroshi Fujishima

> I've modified and installed them.  It is useful at least for me
> that bogus warnings aren't issued while building Gnus.  It makes
> it easy to find out serious problems.  Although...

I got a report that building Gnus failed when there is bbdb
installed.  I'll look into it and fix the problem as soon as
possible.

* Re: compile warn
@ 2004-11-26  9:13     ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2004-11-26  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Hiroshi Fujishima

> I got a report that building Gnus failed when there is bbdb
> installed.  I'll look into it and fix the problem as soon as
> possible.

I've fixed it just now.  I'm sorry to have made you trouble.
I had erased bbdb in order to check the case where there's no
bbdb.