* URGENT - Invalid Data on Line 1
@ 2003-10-21 13:59 Jake Colman
From: Jake Colman @ 2003-10-21 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

If I enter a group, I will sometimes get this message, it will then say no
messages find, and it will do a 'catchup'.  What the h*** is going on?  My
gnus has been stable for years!  I have no idea why this is happening.  It is
not hapening all the time but it's happened 5 times in the past few days.

HELP!

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                    Phone: (201) 209-2467
Harborside Financial Center                 Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza Two                          E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
Jersey City, NJ 07311                 www.principiapartners.com

* Re: URGENT - Invalid Data on Line 1
@ 2003-10-22  2:40 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2003-10-22  2:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Hi,

> If I enter a group, I will sometimes get this message, it will then say no
> messages find, and it will do a 'catchup'.  What the h*** is going on?  My
> gnus has been stable for years!  I have no idea why this is happening.  It is
> not hapening all the time but it's happened 5 times in the past few days.

> HELP!

What is the group to which you encountered the problem?  If it
is a mail group, what is the back end you specified for the
group?  Anyhow, someone may be able to help you if you can
extract the Lisp backtrace.  To do that, see the Gnus manual as
follows:

C-h i m Gnus RET m Appendices RET m Troubleshooting RET
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>