* (require "Date") on email sending
@ 2004-11-15 12:52 Slawek Zak
From: Slawek Zak @ 2004-11-15 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I've got a problem with sending emails (that's why I'm using mutt to
send this one:). I've just upgraded Gnus from 0.02 to 0.03 and every
time I post, following backtrace pops-up.

  # bind (standard-output stack-trace-on-signal debug-on-signal stack-trace-on-error debug-on-error)
  load-internal("Date" nil t nil nil nil)
  # bind (nosuffix nomessage noerror file)
  load("Date" nil t nil)
  # (unwind-protect ...)
  require(Date)
  # bind (func method-fns method-sym method function noerror gnus-command-method)
  gnus-server-opened((Date ""))
  # bind (method result silent method)
  gnus-check-server((Date ""))
  # bind (gcc cur groups group method group-art mml-externalize-attachments)
  # (unwind-protect ...)
  # (unwind-protect ...)
  # bind (gcc)
  gnus-inews-do-gcc()
  gnus-agent-possibly-do-gcc()
  run-hooks(gnus-agent-possibly-do-gcc)
  # (unwind-protect ...)
  # bind (alist success elem sent dont-barf-on-no-method message-options arg)
  message-send(nil)
  # bind (buf actions arg)
  message-send-and-exit(nil)
  # bind (command-debug-status)
  call-interactively(message-send-and-exit)
  # (condition-case ... . error)
  # (catch top-level ...)

group variable value in gnus-inews-do-gcc() is "Date:" so it seems
that header parsing is doing something wrong. I've tried various
Gnusiae from CVS back to 3 months. Same problem.

I've sent-mail-group-name set to "mail.sent.2004-11". My XEmacs
version is 21.4.14.

Any help?

Thanks, /S

* Re: (require "Date") on email sending
@ 2004-11-16  0:41 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2004-11-16  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> I've got a problem with sending emails (that's why I'm using mutt to
> send this one:). I've just upgraded Gnus from 0.02 to 0.03 and every
> time I post, following backtrace pops-up.

>   load("Date" nil t nil)
>   require(Date)
>   gnus-server-opened((Date ""))
>   gnus-check-server((Date ""))
>   gnus-inews-do-gcc()
>   gnus-agent-possibly-do-gcc()
>   run-hooks(gnus-agent-possibly-do-gcc)
>   message-send(nil)
>   message-send-and-exit(nil)

That's strange but IIRC, I have seen the same problem somewhere.
I guess there's something wrong in the `gnus-message-archive-group'
variable.  If it contains "Date", please let us know the exact
value (using `C-h v' or `M-x describe-variable').  Otherwise,
you will need to look for the string "Date" in your configuration
files (.gnus.el, .gnus, .emacs, .newsrc.eld, etc.).

> group variable value in gnus-inews-do-gcc() is "Date:" so it seems
> that header parsing is doing something wrong. I've tried various
> Gnusiae from CVS back to 3 months. Same problem.

> I've sent-mail-group-name set to "mail.sent.2004-11". My XEmacs
> version is 21.4.14.

There's a similar example in the Gnus Info manual:

   How about storing all news messages in one file, but storing all mail
messages in one file per month:

     (setq gnus-message-archive-group
           '((if (message-news-p)
                 "misc-news"
               (concat "mail." (format-time-string "%Y-%m")))))

* Re: (require "Date") on email sending
@ 2004-11-16  0:56   ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2004-11-16  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

>>   require(Date)
[...]
>>   gnus-agent-possibly-do-gcc()

> That's strange but IIRC, I have seen the same problem somewhere.

Now I remembered it.  In that case, SPC or TAB was inserted in
the beginning of the Date header as follows:

Gcc: mail.sent.2004-11
 Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:52:41 +0100

I couldn't remember how it occurred, though.