* View html source in gnus with emacs-w3m?
@ 2003-12-01  1:43 Jinhyok Heo
From: Jinhyok Heo @ 2003-12-01  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Even though I set (setq mm-inline-text-html-with-w3m-keymap t),
pressing "\" doesn't show me html source of a mail.

Is there a way I can see source of a html mail with w3m?

I use emacs-w3m-1.3.6 and cvs gnus.

--
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------
| "We are still reaching for the sky. In the developed countries people
|  are coming back down, saying, `It's empty up there.'" -- a Ladakhi monk

* [emacs-w3m:06161] Re: View html source in gnus with emacs-w3m?
@ 2003-12-01  4:11 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2003-12-01  4:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding, emacs-w3m

> Even though I set (setq mm-inline-text-html-with-w3m-keymap t),
> pressing "\" doesn't show me html source of a mail.

> Is there a way I can see source of a html mail with w3m?

> I use emacs-w3m-1.3.6 and cvs gnus.

You can see html sources in the " *Original Article*" buffer.
The "\" key is not bound to any emacs-w3m command in the Gnus
article buffer.

Emacs-w3m caches raw html contents in its mechanism, however it
works only for retrieved contents from remote web servers.  The
reason for doing so is that it takes time to re-retrieve them.
The w3m-view-source command you made reference uses that cache
memory if it is available, otherwise it attempts to visit a
remote web page with a url.  So, it will not work even if you
invoke the `M-x w3m-view-source' command in the Gnus article
buffer.

Although it may be possible to show sources using the Gnus
original article buffer, I think there is not the necessity,
IMHO.  That is because it is there. :)
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>

* Re: View html source in gnus with emacs-w3m?
@ 2003-12-01  4:39   ` Jinhyok Heo
From: Jinhyok Heo @ 2003-12-01  4:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

    KY> You can see html sources in the " *Original Article*" buffer.

Where is "*Original Article*" buffer? I cannot find one in my buffer
list.

--

@ 2003-12-01  4:40   ` Jinhyok Heo
From: Jinhyok Heo @ 2003-12-01  4:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2003-12-01 12:30   ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2003-12-01 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding, emacs-w3m

> Although it may be possible to show sources using the Gnus
> original article buffer, I think there is not the necessity,
> IMHO.  That is because it is there. :)

I changed my mind.  Even if we can see html sources in the Gnus
original article buffer, it is not always helpful since
non-ascii text or qp encoded data aren't decoded.  Here's an
quick hack which can be used by putting into ~/.emacs-w3m.el
file:

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/emacs-lisp, Size: 1422 bytes --]

I don't want to add it to Gnus.  I think it could be rewritten
more generally, for example, to show MIME parts only with
decoding charsets.
--

@ 2003-12-01 17:44     ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2003-12-01 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jinhyok Heo <novembre@ournature.org> writes:

>     KY> You can see html sources in the " *Original Article*" buffer.
>
> Where is "*Original Article*" buffer? I cannot find one in my buffer
> list.

A little off the mark maybe but does viewing the raw message do
anthing for you?
   C-u g with cursor on message in summary buffer

* Re: View html source in gnus with emacs-w3m?
@ 2003-12-01 20:34     ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2003-12-01 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jinhyok Heo <novembre@hihome.ournature.org> writes:

>     KY> You can see html sources in the " *Original Article*" buffer.
>
> Where is "*Original Article*" buffer? I cannot find one in my buffer
> list.

The buffer is " *Original Article*",
not           "*Original Article*".

Kai

* Re: View html source in gnus with emacs-w3m?
@ 2003-12-02  0:46       ` Jinhyok Heo
From: Jinhyok Heo @ 2003-12-02  0:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

    HP> A little off the mark maybe but does viewing the raw message
    HP> do anthing for you?  C-u g with cursor on message in summary
    HP> buffer

As Katsumi mentioned, it is not always readable because non-ascii text

@ 2003-12-02  0:47     ` Jinhyok Heo
From: Jinhyok Heo @ 2003-12-02  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

    KY> I changed my mind.  Even if we can see html sources in the
    KY> Gnus original article buffer, it is not always helpful since
    KY> non-ascii text or qp encoded data aren't decoded.  Here's an
    KY> quick hack which can be used by putting into ~/.emacs-w3m.el
    KY> file:

It works! Thanks. :)