From: Karsten Huneycutt <kph@duke.edu>
Subject: authinfo and nnimap in gnus 5.8.7
Date: 08 Oct 2000 00:03:22 -0400	[thread overview]

Hello:

I'm trying to use Gnus 5.8.7 under xemacs 21.1.12 to read my IMAP mail.

I'm doing this over an SSL connection, using stunnel (due to problems
with openssl) on port 10993 (and 4993, but one account at a time).

News works beautifully.

I have the following (along with some other stuff that works with my
news setup) in my ~/.gnus.el file:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnimap "acpub"
		(nnimap-address "localhost")
		(nnimap-server-port 10993)
		(nnimap-authenticator 'login)
		(nnimap-stream 'network)
		(nnimap-list-pattern ( "INBOX" . "*"))
		(nnimap-expunge-on-close 'ask))))

I have

machine localhost port 10993 login kph password xxxx

in ~/.authinfo.  Using the password and login on port 10993 on localhost,
I can log in manually.  However, gnus, under the Server buffer, says
"denied" for nnimap:acpub, no matter how many times I exit and restart
xemacs.  netstat shows that the connection is being made, and nnimap-debug
sheds no light on the problem.  Neither do any of the docs or the archives
of this mailing list...

What do I need to do to get this to work?  I'd rather have it prompt
me for a password than have it stored in a file anyway, so if I can get
that, I'd be happy...

Also, anyone using Cyrus, can you confirm that the list-pattern that I
have above will list all my mailboxes?

KH

--
Karsten Huneycutt I'll make it all worthwhile, I'll make your
kph@duke.edu heart smile!  Strange love, strange highs