From: Ralf Angeli <dev.null@iwi.uni-sb.de>
Subject: Re: No Gnus logo
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 12:18:32 +0100	[thread overview]

* Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen (2004-01-04) writes:

> There should be a No Gnus logo, I think.  Perhaps the Gnus logo in
> one of those "No Whatever" signs.  You know.  White, with a red
> border around it, and a red slash across the gnu.
>
> I suck at using the Gimp.  Anybody want to take a go at it?  (Or do
> something else.)

IMHO these "prohibition signs" often look crappy.  I looked throughout
the net for traffic signs and there exist some Japanese signs[1] where
the content to be negated is placed on top of the red dash and has a
small white border.  Maybe this could be possibility to make it look
better.

As an alternative I attached a graphic looking like a warning sign (in
contrast to a prohibition or regulatory sign).  I am not very good in
this stuff either but maybe it can serve as an inspiration.  The major
drawback with this graphic may be the presence of the word "NO" which
you probably don't want to have in a production release as No Gnus is
the name of the development version if I understand it correctly.  I
could not think of a purely symbolic representation of the negation,
except for a mathematical symbol.

Regards,
Ralf

Footnotes: