* vacation
@ 2005-08-05  8:50 Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2005-08-05  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'll be leaving on 3-week vacation from monday, so won't be doing my
usual gnus-emacs syncing until I return.

Thanks,

-miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche

* Reminder: bug fixes should be applied to v5-10 (was: vacation)
@ 2005-08-06 15:33 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-08-06 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Miles Bader, Romain Francoise, Didier Verna

On Fri, Aug 05 2005, Miles Bader wrote:

> I'll be leaving on 3-week vacation from monday, so won't be doing my
> usual gnus-emacs syncing until I return.

Thanks a lot for your work, Miles.

I'd like to remind the Gnus developers that bug fixes--this includes
fixed typos, doc additions, etc.--should eventually go to the stable
branch v5-10 (to be released as Gnus 5.10.7 someday) as well.  Of
course this doesn't apply to stuff that is new in No Gnus.

You can either apply bug fixes to the trunk *and* the v5-10 branch, or
apply the only to v5-10 (Miles will sync those changes to the trunk
from time to time).

Emacs developers (without write access to Gnus' repository) can commit
bug fixes to Gnus in Emacs' repository.  Miles will sync those changes
to Gnus v5-10 branch and to the trunk.  (Gnus 5.11 in Emacs 22
virtually is the same as v5-10.)

Bye, Reiner.

[ CC-ing Romain and Didier, because I suspect that some of your recent
changes should also be applied to v5-10. ]
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Reminder: bug fixes should be applied to v5-10
@ 2005-08-06 17:21   ` Romain Francoise
From: Romain Francoise @ 2005-08-06 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

> [ CC-ing Romain and Didier, because I suspect that some of your recent
> changes should also be applied to v5-10. ]

Yup, I hadn't got around to doing that yet.  I'll merge the appropriate
bits now.  Thanks for the reminder, Reiner.

--
Romain Francoise <romain@orebokech.com> | The world is a fine place,
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | and worth fighting for.

@ 2005-08-09 16:20   ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2005-08-09 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I'd like to remind the Gnus developers that bug fixes--this includes
> fixed typos, doc additions, etc.--should eventually go to the stable
> branch v5-10 (to be released as Gnus 5.10.7 someday) as well.  Of
> course this doesn't apply to stuff that is new in No Gnus.
>
> Emacs developers (without write access to Gnus' repository) can commit
> bug fixes to Gnus in Emacs' repository.  Miles will sync those changes
> to Gnus v5-10 branch and to the trunk.  (Gnus 5.11 in Emacs 22
> virtually is the same as v5-10.)

So, if you have commit rights to both Emacs and Gnus, you could just
as well commit to Oort (in Gnus cvs) and to Gnus in Emacs cvs instead,
right?

(slightly more convenient, because you wouldn't have to check out the
extra branch).

* Re: Reminder: bug fixes should be applied to v5-10
@ 2005-08-26 22:23     ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2005-08-26 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:
> So, if you have commit rights to both Emacs and Gnus, you could just
> as well commit to Oort (in Gnus cvs) and to Gnus in Emacs cvs instead,
> right?

Yes

[or indeed, just to Gnus in Emacs CVS, if you're not in a hurry...]

-miles
--
"Though they may have different meanings, the cries of 'Yeeeee-haw!' and
 'Allahu akbar!' are, in spirit, not actually all that different."

* Re: Reminder: bug fixes should be applied to v5-10
@ 2005-08-28 13:33       ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-08-28 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Aug 27 2005, Miles Bader wrote:

> Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:
>> So, if you have commit rights to both Emacs and Gnus, you could just
>> as well commit to Oort (in Gnus cvs) and to Gnus in Emacs cvs instead,
>> right?
>
> Yes
>
> [or indeed, just to Gnus in Emacs CVS, if you're not in a hurry...]

The output of vc-annotate, vc-print-log, ... is more expressive when
committing to the primary repository.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,