* Synch'ing with Emacs trunk
@ 2008-10-01  9:49 Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2008-10-01  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

First of all, thanks for working on synch'ing Emacs and Gnus.
But I was aware that some changes made in the Emacs trunk have
not been merged in the Gnus trunk for three weeks, even though
the changes made in Gnus have been merged in Emacs.  Currently
they are in gnus-art.el, gnus-group.el, gnus-util.el, and mml.el
AFAIK.  Is it intentional?

Regards,

* Re: Synch'ing with Emacs trunk
@ 2008-10-02  5:45 ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2008-10-02  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:
> First of all, thanks for working on synch'ing Emacs and Gnus.
> But I was aware that some changes made in the Emacs trunk have
> not been merged in the Gnus trunk for three weeks, even though
> the changes made in Gnus have been merged in Emacs.  Currently
> they are in gnus-art.el, gnus-group.el, gnus-util.el, and mml.el
> AFAIK.  Is it intentional?

No, just laziness.  The Emacs->Gnus direction needs more manual cleanup
so I tend to do it less often.

I'll try to do it tonight.

-Miles

--
P.S.  All information contained in the above letter is false,
      for reasons of military security.