* pgnus and GNU emacs 20.3 and XEmacs 20.4 and byte-compile
@ 1998-09-26 14:50 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 1998-09-26 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Up to now, I've been using XEmacs 20.4 with Gnus and TM for news and
mail, and GNU emacs 20.2 MBSK for everything else.

But now I want to do away with TM, and switch to pgnus.

I still like the in-line features of XEmacs so if I'm stuck with using
a single emacs I'll still use XEmacs for Gnus.

But I would like to have the option to use both.  Are there some
switches or options, that either XEmacs 20.4 or GNU emacs 20.3 can be
run with, to make them generate bytecode that the other can use? Will
they by default emit byte code that the other can use?

Or do I need to keep an XEmacs 19.16 executable around, to create byte
code that all emacsen are able to read?

- Steinar