* Keys for buttons?
@ 1999-12-05 22:24 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 1999-12-05 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gnus uses keymaps for buttons a lot.  How does one find out which
keystrokes are possible on such buttons?  C-h b doesn't seem to help
:-/

I know that this is a general problem, as W3 and Custom also use such
buttons, but I thought someone here could help...

kai

* Re: Keys for buttons?
@ 1999-12-06 18:30 ` François Pinard
From: François Pinard @ 1999-12-06 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> Gnus uses keymaps for buttons a lot.  How does one find out which
> keystrokes are possible on such buttons?  C-h b doesn't seem to help :-/
> I know that this is a general problem, as W3 and Custom also use such
> buttons, but I thought someone here could help...

Just chatting.  I submitted this problem to Richard, some while ago, and
he told me that he wanted to figure out some general mechanism in Emacs
to address that precise need.  I did not take the time to try the recent
pretests, so I do not know if he found something yet or not.

* Re: Keys for buttons?
@ 1999-12-06 20:59   ` Jan Vroonhof
From: Jan Vroonhof @ 1999-12-06 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

François Pinard <pinard@iro.umontreal.ca> writes:

> Just chatting.  I submitted this problem to Richard, some while ago, and
> he told me that he wanted to figure out some general mechanism in Emacs
> to address that precise need.  I did not take the time to try the recent
> pretests, so I do not know if he found something yet or not.

Recent XEmacsen have such a feature. Basically C-h b looks at the
keybinding in the extents overlapping point first.

jan