* archive groups?
@ 1996-04-03 16:32 Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1996-04-03 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Archiving via nnfolder appears to be broken.  Any time I try to enter one
of my nnfolder+archives which have > 0 articles indicated, the article
count is reset and I can't enter the group.  The misc-mail folder, in
particular, is rather large although if I read it with "mail -f misc-mail"
it only shows three articles.  I can't even access these, though.

I think new articles like this one are showing up in the archive, but after
I see that they are there and try to re-enter the group I cannot.

Looking at the folders, I see message which I've deleted are still there,
although they appear to be concatenated to other messages, so it appears to
mail readers that there are only a few (long) messages.

Also, I note that several recent messages have been inserted as simple
copies from the *mail message* buffer instead of as mail.  (i.e. They have
the "--text follows this line--" separator still in them.)

Anyone know what is going on?

--
Jack Vinson                       jvinson@cheux.ecs.umass.edu
Sunderland, MA                    <http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~vinson/home.html>

* Re: archive groups?
@ 1996-04-04  9:34 ` Jan Vroonhof
From: Jan Vroonhof @ 1996-04-04  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Jack Vinson <jvinson@cheux.ecs.umass.edu> writes:

> Archiving via nnfolder appears to be broken.  Any time I try to enter one
> of my nnfolder+archives which have > 0 articles indicated, the article
> count is reset and I can't enter the group.  The misc-mail folder, in
> particular, is rather large although if I read it with "mail -f misc-mail"
> it only shows three articles.  I can't even access these, though.

This is a bug in nnfolder... I posted a patch and it's fixed in
0.63. (although I didn't see it it in the Changelog).

Jan

--
Jan Vroonhof                    http://www.math.ethz.ch/~vroonhof/
Mathematik,                                  vroonhof@math.ethz.ch