From: Daiki Ueno <ueno@unixuser.org>
Cc: ding@gnus.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Bad usage of pgg-gpg-* functions in allout.el
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 18:43:27 +0900	[thread overview]

> > thank you!  allout's encryption seems to be working with your reversion.

> Aside from the reversion of pgg-gpg.el, when I looked into allout.el's
> encryption stuff, I found that 4 undocumented non-interface functions
> of pgg-gpg are used:

> pgg-gpg-lookup-key-owner

> pgg-gpg-lookup-key-owner needs to be implemented as an interface
> function.  I'm now working on this.

> Patch from Gnus' trunk is attached.  Major changes are listed below.

> * Added new interface function pgg-list-keys.  This function returns
> more information about keys than pgg-lookup-key.  For example:

With this function, a function which does the same thing as
pgg-gpg-lookup-key-owner can be implemented.

(defun allout-lookup-key-owner (string &optional all)
  "Search keys associated with STRING and return owner of identified key.

The value may be just the bare key id, or it may be a combination of the
user name associated with the key and the key id, with the key id enclosed
in \"<...>\" angle brackets.

Optional ALL non-nil means search all keys, including secret keys."
  (let ((keys (pgg-gpg-list-keys string all))
	entry)
    (while keys
      (setq entry (assq 'user-id (assq 'uid (car keys))))
      (if entry
	  (setq keys nil)
	(setq keys (cdr keys))))
    (cdr entry)))