Sean Neakums writes: > begin Per Abrahamsen quotation: > >> Sean Neakums writes: >>> If you do add code to make these directories into some kind of >>> hierarchical hashed layout, please make it an option. >> >> Why? Does ReiserFS and XFS perform poorly on small directories? > > No. But since they handle large ones well, I don't my want my Gnus > jumping through unnecessary hoops. And having mail groups be a tree > of directories whose names are hex numbers offends me to some degree. It also makes it a bit harder to 'grep' through messages... :o) (OK, egrep has '-R'...). See you, -- Godoy. Escritório de Projetos -- Conectiva S.A. Projects Office -- Conectiva Inc.