Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) writes: > WIBNI the commit messages had a Content-type header that specified the > right charset? Is there a charset that corresponds to the encoding > used by the ChangeLog files? A charset or a MIME type? The charset should be the one that is enough to represent all chars on the log. Usually ISO-8859-1 for English and some Latin languages, or some other charset for other languages, but the program sending the message should know what to use... WRT the MIME type, I've seen a few around and I haven't found one that's standard... :-((( -- Godoy. Solutions Developer - Conectiva Inc. - http://en.conectiva.com Desenvolvedor de Soluções - Conectiva S.A. - http://www.conectiva.com.br