From: "Jody M. Klymak" <jklymak@apl.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: address lists?
Date: 25 Oct 1999 10:51:55 -0700	[thread overview]

    "Jody M. Klymak" <jklymak@apl.washington.edu> writes:
    >> I use BBDB for most things, but not for lists.  Is there an
    >> efficient way of making your list, or do you have to search on
    >> each of john, paul, judy's names and enter the list entry
    >> manually?  The nice thing about the .mailrc is you simply type
    >> the lists in right there.  It also makes them fairly easy to
    >> manage.  I'm not sure what you mean by "two lists" since I only
    >> use the .mailrc for lists.

    lykos> I assume you already have a field mail-alias with your
    lykos> bbdb-records.  Now, if you append the name of the (list)
    lykos> alias to the fields of those people in the list, you can
    lykos> type the list and get it expanded.

    lykos> Umpf, does this make sense?

Yes, I understand how it works once it is set-up. My question is
whether I am missing something about the set-up process.  Going
through my bbdb finding all the list members, and then adding the
list name to mail-alias seems like a lot of work compared to typing
the list name followed by a list fo recipients.  Is there an easier
way? - perhaps an elisp snippet bbdb-mannage-list that lets me enter a
list name and then type (with completion of course!) the members of my
list?  That would be useful.  Instead however, I simply use .mailrc.
My mailing list needs are meager anyhow.

Cheers,  Jody

--
Jody Klymak                         APL/School of Oceanography,
Doctoral Candidate                  University of Washington