From: Daiki Ueno <ueno@unixuser.org>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: mml1991-signers and mml2015-signers
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 09:43:22 +0900	[thread overview]

> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 21 2006, Daiki Ueno wrote:
> >
> >> You have to set mml1991-signers instead of mml2015-signers?
> >> ;; I think mml<RFC#> is very bad naming though...
> >
> > Would it make sense to introduce a new variable, say `mml-signers' (in
> > `mml-sec.el'?), and let both, `mml1991-signers' and `mml2015-signers',
> > default to the value of `mml-signers'.  Or make `mml????-signers'
> > obsolete and use the new variable throughout?

> I've just verified that setting mml1991-signers does indeed set my
> issue. To me it seems that having one variable to control both cases
> at the same time (at least as a fallback solution as suggested by
> you) would be far less confusing.

Indeed there are a few variables in this kind.

mml-secure-verbose
mml-secure-cache-passphrase
mml-secure-passphrase-cache-expiry

mml-sec.el also handles S/MIME, as these variables are general purpuse,
they will make sense when I(?) make mml-smime.el to support EasyPG.

On the other hand, the value of mml-signers will be dependent on the
backend.  How about mml-secure-pgp-signers or mml-pgp-signers?

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno