* Problems w/charsets pgnus 0.97
@ 1999-10-01 11:49 Jørn Helge B. Dahl
From: Jørn Helge B. Dahl @ 1999-10-01 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I post a news message or send a mail I get the prompt "Charset used
in the article: ". If i type RET RET the message is sent as 7bit,
us-ascii. I poked aroud in the sources, but I never found out if there's
a variable i could set.

I should mention that I discovered this problem quite a time ago, an to
be honest I don't know in which version I first discovered it. I never
found anything about it in the manual either, but I hope someone is able
to help me with this.

Best regards
--
-JH

* Re: Problems w/charsets pgnus 0.97
@ 1999-10-02  0:51 ` Robin S. Socha
From: Robin S. Socha @ 1999-10-02  0:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

* Jørn Helge B Dahl <jorn.h.b.dahl@stud.jbi.hioslo.no> writes:
> When I post a news message or send a mail I get the prompt "Charset
> used in the article: ". If i type RET RET the message is sent as
> 7bit, us-ascii. I poked aroud in the sources, but I never found out
> if there's a variable i could set.

;;* MIME Settings for PGnus
(require 'mm-util)
(defun mm-read-charset (prompt)
  "Return a charset."
  'iso-8859-1)
(setq gnus-default-posting-charset (quote iso-8859-1))
--
Robin S. Socha <http://socha.net/Gnus/>