* OT: XEmacs mouse selection?
@ 1999-08-27 17:33 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-08-27 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

It's driving me nuts that XEmacs doesn't copy the top of the kill ring
to the X selection (and vice versa).  I think I remember someone
sending me something that made XEmacs behave like Emacs here, but I
seem to have, er, misplaced it.

Some kind soul...?

* Re: OT: XEmacs mouse selection?
@ 1999-08-28 17:58 ` Jan Vroonhof
From: Jan Vroonhof @ 1999-08-28 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

> It's driving me nuts that XEmacs doesn't copy the top of the kill ring
> to the X selection (and vice versa).  I think I remember someone
> sending me something that made XEmacs behave like Emacs here, but I
> seem to have, er, misplaced it.
>
> Some kind soul...?

http://www.math.ethz.ch/~vroonhof/emacs/fsf-mouse.el

Jan

* Re: OT: XEmacs mouse selection?
@ 1999-09-01 20:04 ` Robin S. Socha
From: Robin S. Socha @ 1999-09-01 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
> It's driving me nuts that XEmacs doesn't copy the top of the kill
> ring to the X selection (and vice versa).  I think I remember someone
> sending me something that made XEmacs behave like Emacs here, but I
> seem to have, er, misplaced it.  Some kind soul...?

Like this?

;:* Put the mouse selection in the kill buffer
;: Jan Vroonhof <vroonhof @ frege.math.ethz.ch>
(defun mouse-track-drag-copy-to-kill (event count)
  "Copy the dragged region to the kill ring"
  (let ((region (default-mouse-track-return-dragged-selection event)))
    (when region
      (copy-region-as-kill (car region)
                           (cdr region)))
    nil))
(add-hook 'mouse-track-drag-up-hook 'mouse-track-drag-copy-to-kill)
--
Robin S. Socha  <http://socha.net/XEmacs/misc.html>

* Re: OT: XEmacs mouse selection?
@ 1999-09-25  6:46   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-09-25  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jan Vroonhof <vroonhof@math.ethz.ch> writes:

> > It's driving me nuts that XEmacs doesn't copy the top of the kill ring
> > to the X selection (and vice versa).  I think I remember someone
> > sending me something that made XEmacs behave like Emacs here, but I
> > seem to have, er, misplaced it.
> >
> > Some kind soul...?
>
> http://www.math.ethz.ch/~vroonhof/emacs/fsf-mouse.el

Yup.  But is it possible to have it work the other way around as well
-- copying the kill ring to the X selection as well as copying the X
selection to the kill ring?