* What happened to all.SCORE?
@ 2001-05-08 10:54 Thomas Skogestad
From: Thomas Skogestad @ 2001-05-08 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

5.8.7 loves it, while 5.8.8 and Oort just ignores it.

--
thomas.skogestad@jusstud.uio.no
http://quimby.gnus.org/circus/problem.gif

* Re: What happened to Xref scoring? (was all.SCORE?)
@ 2001-05-09 18:21 ` Thomas Skogestad
From: Thomas Skogestad @ 2001-05-09 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Thomas Skogestad

| 5.8.7 loves it, while 5.8.8 and Oort just ignores it.

(Bzzt! Wrong!) not a problem with all.SCORE, but...

The error however seems to be parsing of the Xref header. Does not seem to
work in newer Gnusae.

Now I must see all of this massively cross-posted spam junk.

And why does the CVS Oort force you to obey the followup-to header? I want
some control over where I post.

--

@ 2001-05-09 18:26   ` Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2001-05-09 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Thomas Skogestad <tskogest@jusstud.uio.no> writes:
> And why does the CVS Oort force you to obey the followup-to header? I want
> some control over where I post.

(setq message-use-followup-to t)
I think ShengHuo changed the default for the sake of Mail-Followup-To,
but MFT really ought to have a separate configuration variable.

paul

* Re: What happened to Xref scoring? (was all.SCORE?)
@ 2001-05-09 19:12     ` Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2001-05-09 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: tskogest

I wrote:
> Thomas Skogestad <tskogest@jusstud.uio.no> writes:
> > And why does the CVS Oort force you to obey the followup-to header? I want
> > some control over where I post.
>
> (setq message-use-followup-to t)

Oops - you probably want 'ask, not t.

paul

* Re: What happened to Xref scoring? (was all.SCORE?)
@ 2001-05-09 23:40   ` Steve Youngs
From: Steve Youngs @ 2001-05-09 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

|--==> "TS" == Thomas Skogestad <tskogest@jusstud.uio.no> writes:

  TS> And why does the CVS Oort force you to obey the followup-to header? I want
  TS> some control over where I post.

Although control over what you do is a good thing, why do you want to
ignore your reader's wishes?

--
|---<Steve Youngs>---------------<GnuPG KeyID: 9E7E2820>---|
|            XEmacs - It's not just an editor.             |

* Re: What happened to Xref scoring? (was all.SCORE?)
@ 2001-05-10  8:32     ` Thomas Skogestad
From: Thomas Skogestad @ 2001-05-10  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Steve Youngs

| Although control over what you do is a good thing, why do you want to
| ignore your reader's wishes?

Whatever the reader wishes is irrelevant. I'll post where my articles
belong.

--

@ 2001-05-10 15:07     ` Robin S. Socha
From: Robin S. Socha @ 2001-05-10 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Steve Youngs <youngs@xemacs.org> writes:
> Thomas Skogestad <tskogest@jusstud.uio.no> writes:

>>  And why does the CVS Oort force you to obey the followup-to header?
>>  I want some control over where I post.

> Although control over what you do is a good thing, why do you want to
> ignore your reader's wishes?

Reader? How about "boys trying to be men" aka MCSEs running mailing lists?
--
Robin S. Socha  <http://my.gnus.org/users/robin/>
http://my.gnus.org/ - To boldly frobnicate what no newbie has grokked before.

* Re: What happened to Xref scoring? (was all.SCORE?)
@ 2001-05-12 13:15       ` Steve Youngs
From: Steve Youngs @ 2001-05-12 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

|--==> "TS" == Thomas Skogestad <tskogest@jusstud.uio.no> writes:

  TS> Whatever the reader wishes is irrelevant.

Hmm, I wonder if that's what the authors of bulk email spam programs
think?