From: "Robin S. Socha" <robin@socha.net>
Subject: Re: [Announce] New Gnus resources site: http://my.gnus.org
Date: 18 Apr 2001 20:46:13 +0200	[thread overview]

* Per Abrahamsen <abraham@dina.kvl.dk> writes:
> "Robin S. Socha" <robin@socha.net> writes:
>> Comments and criticism welcome.

> It looks like something one ought to be able to read with nnslashdot,
> so I tried

>         B nnslashdot <ret> my.gnus.org <ret>

> All I got was a list of ancient slashdot articles.

Indeed, indeed. I just checked: slashdot uses an xml file whose format
is different from the ultramode.txt or the backend.php file my.gnus.org
uses.

Example:

,----[ slashdot.xml ]

`----

,----[ backend.php ]

`----

,----[ ultramode.txt ]
| %%
| Screenshot Facility up
| /article.php?sid=3
| 2001-04-16 05:01:34
| robin
| The Gnus Newsreader
| 0
| gnus.gif
`----

Other differences that leap to my eye:

,----
`----

http://my.gnus.org/search.php?query=&topic=29 ?

,----
`----

http://my.gnus.org/article.php?thold=0&mode=flat&order=0&sid=13 ?

,----
`----

http://my.gnus.org/article.php?mode=nocomments&sid=13

,----
| (defvoo nnslashdot-backslash-url "http://slashdot.org/slashdot.xml"
|   "Where nnslashdot will fetch the stories from.")
`----

http://my.gnus.org/backend.php

Funnily enough, there are quite a few Nuke sites out there, so this
backend would actually make sense. IIRC, bbCode uses the same backend.
--
Robin S. Socha
http://my.gnus.org/ - To boldly frobnicate what no newbie has grokked before.